Sharing my recent food adventures in the city, and there’s quite the variety this time around – I tried Indian food, went to both casual and more upscale Asian places, and a new American health food spot downtown. Let me know your thoughts!
1//. Four Belly
- huge menu with a lot of variety
- *vegan options!!*
- BYOB – like almost every other Asian place in the city, woohoo!
2//. Royal Indian Grill
- right next door to Four Belly
- first time trying Indian and will definitely be back!
- great service, delicious food
- *vegan and gluten-free options clearly labeled*
- visited a few times now, never disappoints
- trendy scene with great drinks and presentation of food is on point
- separate menus for all your dietary and allergy needs (insert thumbs up emoji here)
We started with drinks and the legendary Crispy Brussels Sprout salad (the vegan version).
This is just the sushi we ordered – Nigiri, sweet potato caterpillar (NOM), and the garden roll. We ended the night with their vegan coconut sorbet and it was AMAZING. It was so creamy and had actual pieces of coconut in every bite.
4//. True Food Kitchen
- an excellent new addition to the health food scene in Chicago
- you can’t go wrong with anything on the menu – including drinks
- fast service, flexible options like vegan and gluten-free
- the ambiance is bright and open (they even have an open kitchen to watch what they’re cooking)
Stay tuned for my next round of recent eats… whenever that may be. Conquering the food scene in Chicago, one spot at a time.
Any and all recommendations are welcome :)